Wow, when did my life become so eventful?
Sunday, 07/05/09 - 8:11 pm.

Good Lord, what a weekend. I'm dead, how will I ever get to work tomorrow? The nice/sad part is that it has nothing to do with alcohol, because I don't drink. I've just been so busy running around that I'm exhausted. Aside from being drained, though, this has been an awesome, awesome weekend that started on friday night, with Joe's jazz concert. Here's a recap, for memory's sake:

11 am - 12:30 pm: I saw my patient. He paid me, that's neat. What's not so neat is that I'll see him every saturday. It's a long drive and a lot of gas from my house to the clinic and viceversa, especially in traffic jam; and I'll have to go there three or four times every week. But saturday makes it easier for him to attend, thus improving my chances of having a regular saturday income.

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm I met up at a mall with two my girls friends from university, for lunch. We didn't talk a lot because I was late and they had to return to the university, but it's always great to see them. Then I hung around at a pretty awesome record store until Michelle showed up.

3:00 - 4:00 Michelle and I stopped by BK for her to grab a bite, and then we went to the tattoo studio because she wants to get her dog inked. I'd like another tattoo, but I'm not sure what (probably Simeon or Frog) or where.

4:00 - 7:00 Home time. Took a nap, packed my bags to sleep over at my Brother #3's house, and had dinner with my family.

7:00 - 12:00 Picked up Victoria and we headed to the place where we were having a second Class of 2002 meeting. It was all levels of awesomeness, really fun. I took a hundred pictures and I've gotten five or six times that number of comments about them.

The highlight was seeing my high school friend Pablo. Man, I have such a crush on him. Every once in a while we'd look at each other in the eye, but he's just a sweet guy and he'd never feel attracted to me that way. However, I died when I ran into him in the restroom hall and he just put his arm around my waist and kissed me on the cheek; what a sweetheart. It's amazing listening to his experiences as a medicine student in Cuba, like how they know many diseases only by theory, because their health care system is preventive and in general, people don't get sick. Anyway, maybe I can see him again? He'll be here for two months.

12:00 am - 8:30 am I drove to my Brother #3's house to spend the night. His house is cute and it felt like I was out in the country, like a getaway. The police stopped me for the first time in my life but it was routine and everything was in order. He and I talked for a while and I fell asleep in the guest room at perhaps 2 am, after my excitement wore off. I woke up at 6:45 am and washed my hair desperately because it strongly smelled like cigarrette smoke. I drank vanilla soy milk for breakfast and I drove him to take his bus for Guatemala. In the car he had a bucket in his lap, which contained his turtle. I'll babysit his turtle for two weeks.

Then I came home, uploaded the pictures from last night and did my hair. Sort of. My hair straightener fell and broke, so I had my hair half curly and half straight. I was taking Nephew #2 to the movies so though I'd buy another one afterwards. But then I realized I didn't have my wallet.

I searched and searched, and after lunch I went back to my brother's house. It was under the covers of the bed I slept in. That's the long story short, because a a couple of hours went by in which I replayed all of the escenarios before I saw it for the last time and where it could be. And I got nervous because I'd have lost my student ID (that now I only use to get discounts at the movies), my driver's license and ten bucks.

So after getting back my wallet, I took my nephew to the movies. I had a slight headache and the place was PACKED. Luckily we wanted Ice Age 3 with subtitles and people were going for the spanish version and other movies in 3D. The movie was great, and then I got my hair straightener.

Damn, I keep getting comments on the pictures. Everyone is so pumped about it. I suppose a new meeting is in order soon. It's great, it's like getting back to your root.

I should get to bed early. I'm tired and this week is going to be terrible. Tomorrow a guy from Washington DC arrives for the three day retreat that starts on wednesday at some resort. I have to pack my stuff as well as prepare all the fucking material we'll review.

So that is all. My body is sore, honestly. But I'm getting close to say that I'm living my life to the fullest.

prev / next